Ten Ten, the multi-award winning theatre company with a Christian ethos, is looking for 4 actors to join the company throughout 2016.
- Are you the type of actor who wants to make a difference?
- Are you ready for a rewarding challenge?
- Do you have a passion for theatre and young people?
- Can you drive?
Following a three-week rehearsal period in North London, you will embark on a nine-month tour throughout the UK performing three very different but challenging plays written by playwright Martin O’Brien for children in primary schools. You will also occasionally perform to adult audiences (because these plays move adult audiences as much as they excite children) and even one or two elderly care homes. You will get out of the work as much as you put in, and you will feel that you are making a difference to the lives of children, young people and their parents throughout the UK.
You will also be part of an established theatre company based in North London with a superb reputation for quality work and an underlying Christian ethos. The company makes no distinction between a schools project and a mainstream theatre production – in fact, some of our school productions go on to theatres (for example, our schools production of “This Is My Body” played at the St James Theatre in 2014, and is currently being co-produced with the Northcott Theatre, Exeter). So you can be sure that the quality we offer, and expect from our actors, is very high. And you will be paid a professional, actors rate.
The successful candidate will:
- Be an excellent actor with an all-round ability
- Enjoy the challenge of community-based theatre
- Be prepared to give the rest of the year to this project (but you get school holidays!)
- Will be open to leading prayer in Christian-faith schools (but if not, that’s okay too)
- Be a confident driver – please don’t apply if you do not have a licence
Rehearsals: 22 Feb to 18 March 2016 (includes one week on tour)
Phase One: 4 April to 15 July 2016 (includes one week holiday)
Phase Two: 5 September to 9 December 2016 (includes one week holiday)
Extension (tbc): 2 January to 10 February 2017
Rehearsals: North London,
Director: Martin O’Brien
Pay category: Equity Minimum
Casting venue: Muswell Hill, North London
Please email your CV, photo and covering note to Ten Ten Theatre explaining why you would like to be considered for this role.