Taizé: Birmingham 2017
28 April – 1st May
If you are interested in helping welcome young people coming to Birmingham to take part in Taizé: Birmingham 2017 – but were not able to take part in the recent parish meeting to learn more Monday – please contact Fr Allen as soon as possible.
Soon we need to provide details of accommodation etc to the main organisers, and get ourselves ready for preparing the local programme.
It is hoped that other local churches, members of Churches Together, will take part, so please share details of this service and the Birmingham meeting, with ecumenical friends.
Other Taize services in January….
A Christian presence in the nightlife of Sutton Coldfield
A work that has unites Churches Together in Sutton Coldfield in a common action!
Sutton Pastors are volunteers from local churches working in partnership with the police and the nightlife businesses to ensure that the town centre is a safe and vibrant environment for everyone who visits.
Sutton Pastors offer a few simple services that make a big difference…
- We provide a hot drink (or water) and an opportunity to chat
- We help to keep the streets clear of glass and bottles that could be used as weapons
- We support anyone we find who is in a vulnerable situation
- We give out flip-flops to ladies who can no longer cope on their heels
- We befriend door staff, promotion staff and police as well as diners and clubbers (the offer of sweets helps).
- And the volunteers are available to talk to those who wish
Would you like to join us?
- Can you do about one session monthly?
- We meet at 9.30pm and finish by 00am (latest)
- We work in teams of four every Saturday and once monthly on Fridays.
Want to know more first?
- Please read the poster below.
- Come out with us on a ‘taster’ evening
- Attend an informative training evening: the next one is on Thursday 15th October at 7.30pm at Sutton Coldfield United Reformed Church.
- For further enquiries or to register your interest email email@example.com, speak to Frank Cole or Deb Lyden or phone Frank 0121 354 2625.