Friday 27th – Sunday 29th April 2018
As more details of the programme for the weekend are confirmed they will be published here.
- We invite young adults, aged 18-35ish to participate in the whole weekend. Taking part in all aspects of the weekend: eating and praying together, participating in some of the practical tasks required, and taking part in the workshops, will enable us to build a sense of community with one another as we “share journeys” of the weekend and of our wider lives.
- Everyone is welcome to attend any or all of the prayers which will take place in different city centre churches.
- From 6pm: Arrival (at The Church at Carrs Lane, B4 7SX) and evening meal
- Prayer at 7.30pm
- Then return home or with hosts to accommodation.
- Breakfast with hosts.
- Then meet at Cannon Hill Park (outside the MAC, B12 9QH) at 10am for “Share the Journey” a walk of solidarity with refugees and asylum seekers. (approximately 4 miles)
- Arrive in the city centre for midday prayer.
- Followed by lunch.
- Workshops on the theme “Shared Journeys”
- Followed by evening meal.
- Prayer at Birmingham (St Philip’s) Cathedral, with candles to celebrate the light of the resurrection
- Then return with hosts to accommodation
- Breakfast and participation in local acts of worship with hosts.
- Then come to city centre for midday meal (The Church at Carrs Lane, B4 7SX)
- 2pm The final prayer of the weekend at St Martin in the Bullring.
St Chad’s Cathedral during Taize: Birmingham 2017. (c) 2017, Allen Morris.